Hadleigh Community Choir performing Music for a Spring Evening. A concert at St Andrew's Church, Lower Layham on 13th May 2017.
The aim of Hadleigh Community Choir is to give public performances of light and popular music to the highest standard possible
Performances are given to raise funds for charities and local organisations.
See below for information about either joining the choir if you are a singer, or inviting the choir to sing at one of your events.
If you would like the choir to sing at your event
In its short history Hadleigh Community Choir has been invited to sing at Hadleigh Community Primary School's Christmas Fayre, Hadleigh Town Mayor's official Civic Service, Hadleigh Town Christmas Lighting Up Ceremony, the Hadleigh Flower Festival, etc.
If your organisation or community group is planning a special event, or organising a fund-raising concert, or simply wishes to raise funds for a good cause, Hadleigh Community Choir would be delighted to discuss ways in which we could contribute to the success of that event. For more information call John Turnbull on 01473823791.
If you would like to join the choir
1. The choir is mixed (male and female) and membership is open to anyone over over school leaving age.
2. There are no auditions nor do you need to read music (but it helps if you can). We welcome anyone who isn’t confident about singing but would like to give it a go. Do, however, expect to work hard as we would like you to reach a ‘performance’ standard in singing and following a music score. You also need to be able to stand for the duration of a public concert which typically could be two periods of at least 45 minutes (may not apply if you are registered disabled).
3. The repertoire ranges across many eras. It is popular and light and includes traditional, contemporary, blues, folk and, occasionally, religious and classical pieces.
4. Our aim is to be serious about singing and performing but have fun while we are doing it.
5. Rehearsals are held weekly, roughly in line with the school year, on a Thursday evening starting promptly at 7:30pm. Each rehearsal lasts about 2 hours with a short break half way through.
6. Our public performances raise funds for charity and local good causes.
7. At the start you will join as Probationary Member. When you reach our performance standard you will be promoted to a Full Member at which time you will be able to sing in concert. More information about membership is on the ABOUT US page.
8. The dress code for Full Members at concerts and public events is smart black attire (dresses, blouses, skirts, shirts, trousers, shoes not trainers).
9. There is a modest weekly subscription to cover operating costs and for Full Members there is an annual membership fee renewable every January. Your subscription and annual fee also cover the personal and public liability insurance cover for all choir members, plus other costs.